Two X Sea Sustainability Criteria
“Sustainable” is a word that, as of late, has been misused to suit the needs of some just trying to increase profits. TwoXSea was founded on honesty, transparency, and the following six sustainability criteria:
- The harvesting of all fish we sell has left more than enough fish for future generations, and caused no habitat destruction – none.
- There is no loss of marine life through incidental catch, “Bycatch”, in the harvesting process.
- Farming products we sell did not involve: use of chemicals or medicines, adverse use of feed from wild sources, introduction of non-native species into local fisheries, or inflict economic adversity on families and communities.
- The person who caught the fish was paid fairly for the work they did to bring it to you.
- The fish can be traced back to the vessel that caught the fish, and proper guarantees are in place regarding the honest origin of the fish.
- The fish comes from as local an area as possible, thus reducing carbon emissions and restoring regional cuisine.
TwoXSea is working towards a better, renewable future that ensures seafood for generations to come. We welcome your questions, insights and opinions – we can’t do this alone!