Two X Sea Sustainability Criteria
“Sustainable” is a word that, as of late, has been misused to suit the needs of some just trying to increase profits. TwoXSea was founded on honesty, transparency, and the following 5 sustainability criteria:
- The harvesting of all fish we sell has left more than enough fish for future generations, and caused no habitat destruction – none.
- There is no loss of marine life through incidental catch, “Bycatch”, in the harvesting process.
- Farming products we sell did not involve: use of chemicals or medicines, adverse use of feed from wild sources, introduction of non-native species into local fisheries, or inflict economic adversity on families and communities.
- The person who caught the fish was paid fairly for the work they did to bring it to you.
- The fish can be traced back to the vessel that caught the fish, and proper guarantees are in place regarding the honest origin of the fish.
- The fish comes from as local an area as possible, thus reducing carbon emissions and restoring regional cuisine.
TwoXSea is working towards a better, renewable future that ensures seafood for generations to come. We welcome your questions, insights and opinions – we can’t do this alone!